Submitted By Webmaster on Saturday, November 17, 2012 (811 views)
BLASTBALL is a developmental game invented in California. We have been playing BLASTBALL in Oakridge for over 15 years.
It is a very simple game geared towards players 3-4 years old as an introductory to the basics of baseball and as a baseball activity that prepares very young players for T-Ball.
The game is a great introduction to Baseball as:
• Its fun to play
• Players hit a soft ball off a tee
• The one base we use "honks" when you step on it
• Players learn to associate baseball with fun
• It is easy for any child to play
• It is more of an activity than a game
• Players have instant success
• No gloves or special equipment is needed
• It runs within a specific time frame
• Registration cost is very reasonable
• All equipment is supplied except pants and footwear
• Minimal instruction and knowledge to volunteer coach
Every player will receive a medallion at the end of the season.
BLASTBALL teaches all the five basic baseball skills:
Blastball is played 1 night/week from late May- into July. Games are limited to 1 hour and parental envolvement is encourage!
Game Times / Location
Mondays, 6:15 PM at Emily Carr
Jason Smith ( [email protected]